Being more of an introverted person means you thrive on spending time with your own thoughts and ideas.
- Enjoy spending time in solitude
- Don’t prefer to be the center of attention
- Value close one-on-one relationships
- Think before they speak/not as talkative
- Need time alone to recharge and reflect
- Prefer working in quiet, independent environments
- Deeply focus and think about specific interests
- Can be seen as reserve
Being more of an extroverted person means you thrive on the energy of the people and things around you.
- Have large social networks
- Enjoy being the center of attention
- Tend to think out loud
- Make quick decisions
- Gain energy from being around other people
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and positive
- Thrive in team-oriented and open work settings
1. Where do they get their energy?
Introverts recharge from within because this is how they get their signal that they are in full control of themselves. Spending time with people constantly would drain them.
Thus, they embrace solitude because it allows them to concentrate better and avoid distractions.
Extroverts, on the other hand, feel fully fulfilled and content being surrounded by people. Social environments with larger crowds stimulate extroverts their share of energy.
2. How do they process their thoughts?
Introverts are wired in such a way that any thinking must first occur in their mind, whereas, extroverts feel satisfied by expressing their ideas aloud.
3. How do they process information?
Introverts can be very observant and sharp listeners. On the other hand, extroverts are not into depth, they are rather focused on the breadth of everything. They do not require plenty of information to make a decision.
4. How do they portray themselves to others?
While introverts are reserved and prefer being mysterious, extroverts prefer having the spotlight to have their existence validated.
Introverts are neither interested in getting lots of attention from people around nor looking to be popular among people. Extroverts are more the open book type because that is their way to attract people towards them.
5. How do they connect with people?
Introverts are those who connect with themselves first and then with others, while extroverts are fueled by connecting with others.
Introverts are able to give all the attention to the person they are investing in and appreciate receiving all the attention from that person and this is the foundation of making one-on-one connections meaningful. Extroverts, on the other hand, are those who love being among crowds.