Successful introverts shared some techniques they’ve used to harness the power of their introversion. Here’s a selection of what they said:
* Balance your time: For every 1-hour meeting, make sure to plan at least 30 minutes to yourself.
* Get out of your own head: Write down all your ideas and share them with someone you trust.
Don’t rob the world of your internal genius.
* Don’t try to be an extrovert, or force yourself to be more outgoing or bubbly.
* Optimize for deeper (rather than broad) relationships: Introverts need to know someone quite well
to feel comfortable asking things of them, and ultimately these relationships end up being more
rewarding both personally and professionally.
* Be clear about your thought process: Introverts store thoughts for a long time before speaking; be
sure to make your process transparent.
* Actionize your observations: As an outsider looking in, you offer a unique viewpoint; turn all your
listening and observing into actionable suggestions.